Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

A Sewing FO

So, I was trying to resist signing up for Secret Pals 5. It didn't work at all. I had been telling myself I just didn't have the money for an exchange for now. But, then, I thought about the fact that I had gotten some handmade goodies that really made me happy during the last exchange, so I've tried to make a little something for my current pal. What you see in the picture, here, is a book-style circular knitting needle case (because my pal uses mostly circular needles).

Now, what's really cool about this (or maybe you won't think so) is that I didn't have to spend a dime (but there was a time investment, and that counts) - at least not today - to make this. The jean fabric comes from a long skirt with a slit up the back. It tore, as that style often does, so I cut off the bottom. The inside, which you'll see later is some brand newish fabric I had lying around, plus some other brand newish stuff I'd yet to use. I've got tons of sewing goodies in my stash, so the materials were all here. I just hope my pal likes country style. I would have preferred a hipper sort of fabric, but this is kind of fun, I think. I just need to get a bit of sticky-backed velcro for the front pocket (for stitch holders), and I can mail it off.

In case you're wondering where I got this great idea, look here. There's a really great tutorial on that page.