Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

My Newest Pet Attempt


Striped Grasshopper
Originally uploaded by The Stitchin Sheep.
So, the dog only stayed for a weekend, and the kitties escaped after only a couple of days. Obviously, I'm not cut out for caring for mammals (just ask my poor kids). So, we're stepping down in the animal kingdom a bit to insects. What do you think? I can avoid removing the spider webs and their inhabitants from our corners and just call them a collection.

Okay, maybe not, but I did take a moment to snap a couple of shots of this little fella (actually, he's not that little - he's about two inches long) before shewing him out of my kitchen. This is the funkiest grasshopper I've ever seen. There are lots of cool grasshoppers (as well as many other weird creepy crawlies around here, actually, so if you've got any irrational insect phobias, best not come visit in the summer time).

By the way, I apologize for the bright flash in the picture. I tried without but didn't get a good enough shot. There are some cool ones where he looks like he's fleeing very quickly, but you don't see much detail (he didn't attempt to flee at all, by the way - I just couldn't keep the camera still long enough for that shutter speed).

No knitting news today, though. I've been on a kitchen cleaning mission most of the day.