Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

What's Cookin' Babe?


Yarn Dyeing
Originally uploaded by Sheepish.
Why, it's a yarn soup. Mmmmm. So tasty!

Aside from the Spanokoppita (spelling??) and the Baklawa I made this morning, I also whipped up a batch of Kool-Aid yarn. Deeeeelish! And, the Greek yummies ain't half bad, either.

It's pictured here just after the boiling session. I've since rinsed and hung it to dry. It should be dry soon, and I'll take a little picture of it for you. You'll get a sort of before-and-after shot, because I've still got some of the undyed yarn.

This yarn is fun. It's something that Louise was itching to get rid of. Free yarn, you say? I'm there. I'm always happy to help a friend empty her yarn stash of unwanted goodies. Thanks Louise. I had great fun watching it change colors before my eyes this morning.

When I post the picture of the finished product, I'll tell you more about the yarn, because it's kinda speshle.