Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Say No More...

I know I can always count on my husband for brutal honesty (even when I don't want it). So, I got the answer to my question about whether the circular needle case I spent my entire day working on was worth sending to someone else. The words, "You never did that sort of thing in a craft class as a child?" pretty much made me understand that I've just made myself a kindergartenesque folder to keep my needles in. Oh well, what can you do? Whip out the credit card, I guess, huh? Comes out of his paycheck! Ha!

No, I may still try making another one, but without the book binding to make it work. That was glued together, which theoretically means no sewing (except I added a little pocket that was sewn on. Apparently, though, as my husband so kindly pointed out, I'm about as handy as a three-year-old with a tube of glue. I seemed to do better with my sewing machine. So, perhaps I'll try making a circular needle case that hangs instead of using the folder idea, which I did find fun.

Hmm, all of this makes me wonder if maybe Anmiryam's comment that people might lose their creativity when they get organized is true. The creativity is slipping through my fingers as I type...