Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Thursday, May 12, 2005

Leek and Onion Pie


Leek and Onion Pie
Originally uploaded by Sheepish.
Just to prove to you that I have been doing a bit more than html and blogging (even if I haven't gotten much knitting done).

This started out as a Tarte aux Poireaux (Leek Pie), which is very tasty, and a typical dish around here. Then, I realized you needed 4 leeks, where I only had 1. So, I threw in several onions. From then on, the recipe became a complete ad-lib. But, it turned out very well (tasty, I mean). At least, I liked it. The kids wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot fork (but they've been picky all week after a gastrointestinal virus struck). More for me!