Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Sunday, May 08, 2005

The Untalented, Anonymous Commenter (Part II)


Pastel Quilt
Originally uploaded by The Stitchin Sheep.
Here is the second quilt my embarrassingly untalented mother ever made. I really love this one. It's beautiful, of course, but it's also so soft. And, when she first shipped it over here, I couldn't force myself to let my daughter (its intended recipient) have it on her bed. I had to sleep with it until it lost the smell of Mom's house. It's amazing the things you miss when you move so far from home.

This is the quilt she made while taking a quilting class. The untalented one chose the colors and set up the design of this quilt. I'm not too sure about the last one, but I think she may have done it for that one, as well. So, obviously, she should just throw in the towel for everything craft-related. She just sucks. Don't you think?

In the next picture, we'll see in greater detail just how horrible she is at this whole quilt-making thing.