Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Monday, May 09, 2005

Bird's Nest Scarf


Bird's Nest Scarf
Originally uploaded by Sheepish.
Here we have an outdoor progress shot of the Kid Silk Haze scarf I'm working on. I've been pretty faithful to this project, which is rare these days. I've worked only on it since I cast on. I guess I'm fascinated by the way that this super fine yarn can become what you see in the picture here. Lace is fun that way. Knitting is in general, of course, but when you throw in a few yarnovers and other tricks, you get such an amazing effect. I am still in awe of the fact that you can do such things with a couple of needles and some yarn.

Oh, and you may notice that the vertical lines caused by my stitch markers are no longer there. You can still see them toward the bottom a bit, but I decided to be brave and get rid of my crutch. So far so good. Oddly enough, the one error I made so far was in the section where I was using the stitch markers (it isn't really noticeable, though, so it doesn't bug me). Once I became more familiar with the stitch pattern, I didn't really need them. I can even do this while watching tv, which means that I am able to count easily enough with a bit of distraction - woohoo, the multi-tasking I am capable of!

Once again, my dear Secret Pal who sent this yarn - thank you, thank you, thank you for the hours of fun.