Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

If You Have Nothing Good To Say...

... you can always count on strange news stories to give you something to talk about.

Here's a good one for you...

Ice Cream Vendor Punches Complaining Boy

PITTSBURGH - Throwing a punch at a boy complaining about the cost of his cold treat has landed an ice cream vendor in hot water.
ADVERTISEMENT

Nazzareno Didiano, 44, was placed on probation and ordered to attend anger management classes after a trial Tuesday over the May 2004 incident.

The boy, now 14, told the judge that Didiano attacked him as he sat on his bike just blocks from an initial confrontation. The boy testified that Didiano pulled him off the bike, punched him in the face and slammed him into a wall.

Didiano acknowledged confronting the boy, but denied punching him. He said the boy had used various obscenities.

"He instigated the whole thing," Didiano said. "I wanted to tell him I didn't appreciate being talked to like that."

Didiano, who was found guilty of simple assault, lost his job with Paul's Ice Cream Co.

The story was found here.

Now, I know you're appalled, but I'm thinking we've all wanted to do that to some random stranger in our lives. Maybe it wasn't a teenage boy. Maybe, as in my case, it was an old lady nagging you on the train about taking too much time in the aisle while you had two crying, exhausted kids to get to their chairs after well over a day's-worth of plane traveling. Yep, she was evil. And, I told her as much (well, maybe not in those exact words, but I did give her a piece of my mind). She was just lucky my hands were full.

As for me, I've been very busy attempting to html and css my way into creating a business website for my husband. Going alright, so far... but this explains the lack of interesting things to post.