Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Monday, December 19, 2005

For Dad


Lambchop #1
Originally uploaded by Sheepish.
The other day, my father told me to line up the kids against a white wall and do some pictures of them. "None of those candid shots," he told me. I laughed at the white wall thing, but I understood that he wanted something portrait style.

Problem is, though, kids rarely sit still long enough for that. I could always strap them down for it, but I suspect that we wouldn't get the sweet smiles we're looking for that way (that could also create some unwanted visits from child welfare type people). I even resisted the (very strong) temptation to actually line them up against a white wall, each holding a board stating, "Southern French Detention Center" with a number. That, after all, was the first image that popped into my mind when he told me to have a white background. In the interest of maintaining good ties between France and the US, though, I decided against it. And, besides, I was lucky enough to snap this shot of Lambchop #1 the other day and figured it may just do the trick.

Enjoy Dad (and don't be fooled by that sweet, innocent smile)!