Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Doing the Wave!


Bamboo Clapotis Shawl
Originally uploaded by Sheepish.
I'm just about posted out after the other two I've already done today. I'm going to have to quit after this one. That works out well, actually, since I've got nothing more to say. But, we're doing the wave (like at a Baseball game), because that's how excited we are about this finished Clapotis Shawl.

Doing the wave also goes very nicely with the whole Clapotis theme, since in French, "clapotis" means those little ripples you get in water. It's aptly named, I think. Just look at those waves.

A few details for you:
Yarn: Southwest Trading Company Bamboo (unknown color - the balls weren't labeled).
Modifications, I made the shawl a bit thinner than the pattern specifies. She gave great instructions for doing this, and all worked out well - so well, in fact, that the width I randomly decided on was perfect for the amount of yarn I had on hand.