Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Monday, December 05, 2005

The Aftermath


Blogging By Mail 3
Originally uploaded by Sheepish.
I didn't mention it until now, but I signed up for a gift exchange. This one, though, was not all about yarn and knitting *GASP*. It was done by a bunch of food bloggers and is called Blogging By Mail. They just started a 4th one, by the way. I don't know who's hosting it, so you may have to do a little google search on that one.

Now, on to my box of goodies... I had so much fun with this. I received a package in the middle of last week all the way from Australia. Cin, whose blog name has escaped me momentarily (I'll have to link to that later), told me all about her favorite holiday, which is not Australian, but from her native land of Malaysia. She told me all about some fun Chinese New Year traditions she remembers from her childhood there.

Along with that, I think she pretty much cleared out the candy aisle of some local store and shipped it to me. This brings us to talk about the title of this post. If you take a look at that picture there, you'll see that it's really a shot of the aftermath. I just didn't get around to taking a picture before the little Lambchops got their hooves on this box.

There were Tim Tams and a Violet Crumble and some little Chinese New Year wafer things and and and... all sorts of other things I don't recall. The weirdest and most fun of all, though, was the the straws. She sent us straws in the mail! Not just any straws, though. These were Australian conceived and Australian made "Sipahhs" (I may have mispelled that). There were ten in the tube on the right, there, and they are fun. The kids love them. Basically, somebody had the brilliant idea of putting natural flavoring (not sythetic, they mean) and sugar on tapioca beads that slowly dissolve while milk is sipped through little holes in each end of the straw. I even had one myself, and it wasn't half bad. Funny concept, anyway.

Ooh, and I almost forgot. You see the yarn on the left? I already dipped into that, as well. Can you believe it? She doesn't appear to knit, and she sent me yarn. Nice yarn, too. It's Patons (made in Australia, of course) 100% wool crepe. I played with it a little, but I don't know what I'll end up doing with it yet. It might just be asking to be made into a scarf. The two colors of green complement each other very well, and the yarn looks like it may have a nice drape that will be well-suited to scarf making. We'll see. Any suggestions?

Anyway, thank you so much, Cin! You sent loads of fun for the whole family.