Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Tuesday, May 17, 2005

Secret Pal Goodies


Secret Pal Goodies
Originally uploaded by Sheepish.
We'll start the day off with the secret pal goodies, since that has been waiting in line to pose for us for quite a while. In the background, you see an issue of InKnitters and Stitch 'n Bitch Nation. The InKnitters mag has all kinds of interesting technical guides in it. I'm itching to try the plaid socks and some reversible knitting. The reversible vest isn't my style, really, but the technical instructions should get me on my way to a reversible scarf. That could be really cool. I'm thinking that I should use that technique on the Phildar cashmere/lambswool blend that I bought for my husband. If I do that, of course, I'll need to get some in another color, but that could be really cool.

Anyway, back to the picture. The two balls of red yarn are Cascade Merino Frappé, which I'm not sure what to do with yet, but they are unbelievably soft. Behind them on the right is a hank (or do we call that a skein? - weird, my mind went completely blank on that) of Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in a really lovely colorway called Iris. Then, on top of one ball of Merino Frappé, you see a butterfly pin - very cute. And, up front are a tin of ginger Altoids and another tin of cherry tea, which I've yet to taste but that smells delicious. There is also a card with instructions for a baby blanket.

And, lastly (drumroll, please), as if all of that were not enough, she slipped in a hand-made scarf, which, unfortunately you don't see well in the picture. It's under the tea. I'll have to take a better shot of it alone so you can see the detail. It's really lovely. She apparently crochets, because it's unlike any knit stitch I've ever seen. I'd have to get out my craft reference book to tell you which crochet stitch pattern it is, but, trust me, it's pretty. If I had to guess what yarn she used, I'd have to go with Knit Picks Alpaca Cloud in their Smoke colorway. She doubled it, though, so it took me a little while to recognize the yarn. I'm assuming that one skein doubled makes a whole scarf, which, if you're familiar with the price of that yarn, is a real bargain.

Anyway, as you can see, I've been thoroughly spoiled. Thanks, Secret Pal Angel #2.