Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Sunday, January 16, 2005

What Next?

I've been playing around all afternoon with project ideas, and nothing inspires me, except a beautiful cable on Girl From Auntie's site. To see it click here. It's the Durrow in the middle. I love the asymmetrical design, and I'm thinking that would be a great pattern to run down the middle of a sweater for my husband. All I have to do now is find a yarn for it. Ho hum. I think for my next project (since I can't afford to go getting more yarn without at least the justification that I have no other projects waiting) I'll do the little colorful tank I got the linen yarn for. That sounds fun. I have another tank in mind, too, with some cables on it, but that'll have to wait a bit, since I have yet to decide on exactly what cable pattern I want. It can't be too busy for what I want to do with it, so the Durrow will have to wait.

I did get my little felted bag refelted this afternoon, though. It had stretched out a bit, and I didn't like the shape. So, I've refelted (making it a tighter fabric and better shape, I think). I guess I'll have to sew a little lining in to keep it from stretching out again.