Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Saturday, January 15, 2005

Progress Report


IMG_1134
Originally uploaded by The Stitchin Sheep.
Well, I just couldn't wait to get the squared swirl sweater totally done to take a picture of it. So, here it is in 3/4 of it's glory. And, that darn giraffe just galloped in front of the camera right as I took the shot. Safari anyone? No! I'm an animal lover.

Actually, that is the little project that I did with my daughter last night. It's an origami giraffe that I got from a book on origami I bought a couple of years ago at the Japanese cultural center in Paris. We did the folding and assembly together, but the spots are all her (she's wanting to learn knitting, too, by the way!).

Just a little note about the sweater motif - my husband says it's Greek, and now that I look at it from that perspective, I can see that. I guess seeing Alexander wasn't a complete waste of time. We've got a nice sweater coming out of it. And, the next time you see it, it'll be modeled by my handsome son.