Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Friday, January 14, 2005

For Those Who Actually Cared to Wonder

I know it doesn't really matter to most of you, because you'll never see my home and the sad state it seems to constantly be in (my one-year-old is currently starting a round of his favorite new game - let's dump Mommy's books on to the floor and see which pages are shreddable). But, I'll give a little update on the chores I was determined to get done last Friday. You remember, mopping the kitchen floor and putting away folded clothes? I'd love to say it happened, and I stuck to my plan to not knit before the chores were done, but it didn't. In fact, there was playgroup, as there always is on Friday afternoons, so I got a little reprieve (and, a place to knit guiltlessly).

Alas, this past week did not show any signs of improvement either (though I did start another knitting project), and I am once again determined to get some chores done - but will I deprive myself of knitting to do so? Actually, I've come up with a little solution to eliminate this question entirely. If I add, say, "finish current knitting project" to my chore list, I will get in some knitting time while accomplishing part of my chore list, as well. And, hey, maybe I'll soon be able to pay someone else to deal with our mess, right? Well, I can always dream...