Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Friday, January 14, 2005

Surprise New Project

While watching a movie this evening, I finished the body of the sweater I've been working on. I sat there with no green yarn at hand to start the sleeves. So, just to amuse myself (I'm now practically incapable of just watching a movie without knitting), I snatched up some cotton yarn nearby. It's some Rowan California Cotton I inherited from my mother-in-law. Apparently, she planned to do something with it but never did. So, I've got plenty to play with. I'm thinking a tank or a short-sleeved shirt. So far, I've cast on and knit about 3 or 4 rounds on circulars. I'm working towards something with a diagonal design. We'll see tomorrow if I was too tired to start that kind of trick. Seems like diagonals should be easier on circulars that on straight needles. Easier to see what you're doing. We'll see if that's true.

That's pretty much all my knitting news for now. Not too chatty today like I usually am.