Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Sunday, January 16, 2005

Squared Swirl Sweater


IMG_1139
Originally uploaded by Reder Family.
Finally, mission accomplished. And, it fits! I think for my first attempt at fair isle (though, it's certainly far from elaborate) and my first attempt at making a top-down circular needle sweater (from my own imagination, since I lost the pattern I had), it's not bad at all. If I were to do it again, I would probably slightly change the ratio of arms to front to back when doing increases, but overall it works. And, it'll keep my boy warm.

I definitely need to work on my fair isle technique (okay, that's my excuse for doing even more, since I liked it so much) so the tension isn't so tight in that section.

Maybe, if I can get around to it, I'll post a little diagram of the design in case anybody is interested in having it. It was really pretty simple, and it could be put on your favorite circular pattern (socks, hat, glove cuff, sweater, whatever).