Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Squared Swirl Sweater

Nope, this isn't a new project I've all of a sudden gotten in the mood to start. I didn't get bored with the Aztec Wave one yet, I've just renamed it. Makes for more exciting blog postings, don't you think? It's like in retail stores, where they frequently move the merchandise around to give customers the idea that they're seeing brand new stock, when really it's just the same old stuff in a different place. No, not really. I really renamed it because I changed the repeated motif a bit and it no longer looks like a wave. I tried a few things and came up with the design I had originally envisioned in the first place. I needed to add a stitch and a couple of rows to accomplish this. I must say that I did like the asymmetrical quality of the wave pattern, but I like this new one two. And, since it's what I originally set out to do, I'm sticking with it and renaming the sweater. And, to top off this great sundae with a nice big red cherry, it actually fits this time. Yay! So, right now, I'm about halfway done with the body. Then, I'll have to pick up the sleeves where I left off and finish them. This part's pretty easy going, though, because it's just stockinette stitch.

I'll keep you in suspense as to what it looks like until I get it finished (the true reason for this is that I don't want to reach the bandwidth limit on my flickr account mid-month). But, don't lose sleep thinking about it, because it's most likely not the most original design you've ever seen. I just liked its simplicity, and since it's not all over the sweater, it has turned out to be a good learning project.