Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Projects to Look Forward To

Yeah, I know that I still haven't finished the wave sweater (though I did get it ripped back and back on the right track) or the glittens, but I've got ideas for a few new things to do.

First up will be a revamping of a felted sweater. It was an accident that happened to a store-bought turtleneck. Ironically, it's now just the right size for my daughter (after me using it as bulk for agitation when felting my purse recently). So, my thought is to cut it up the front, put on a crochet border or a ribbon or something and a zipper and call it a jacket. How's that for recycling?

Then, I've got the very first adult sweater I ever made that is in bad need of alteration. Knit while I was pregnant, it's way too big now. So, I'm thinking it could use a little alteration. That's a task I've yet to learn in knitting.

Lastly, I've got an idea for a goofy Star Trek mitten. No, I'm not even a Trekkie. It just sounds like a fun thing to do with some cheapy inherited yarn I'd never want to use for a serious project, because I can't stand the feel of it. I'll leave you in suspense as to the details, though you may be able to guess what I have in mind.

Stay tuned...