Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

It's A...


(okay, this time I really mean it) GIRL! I could have sat here and tried to make you guess, based on this picture whether it's a girl or a boy, but that wouldn't have been to great, since she's not wearing anything girly, and I don't want you to tell me, "Oh, it's definitely a boy... I mean, look how masculine..." or something like that. So, I won't hold any surprises here (well, except her real name, which, I'll just say it very pretty - oh, the torture).

So, even though I was having very irregular contractions all day on Labor Day, and the doctors most likely wouldn't have really called that "labor," I'm pretty sure it was the real thing. It just took a while to really get going, and by that night around 9 or 10 pm, I was having them much more regularly. They continued on throughout the night and the next day. It was a long labor but not particularly difficult till the end. I never had contraction any closer than about 5 minutes apart until the last half-hour. And, our newest pride and joy decided to come on out around 2:50 pm on Tuesday.

I have to make this quick, because there are kids to get to bed and a baby to nurse, so here's the skinny on the new little lambchop:

weight: 3.41 kilos (7.52 lbs)
length: 50 cm (19.69 inches)

And, she's calm and sweet (as all my kids have been at birth - lucky me!).