Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Monday, August 21, 2006

It's A...

Drum roll please...








Are you ready for it?







Getting curious?









Curiouser and curiouser?









Okay, well, it's still a fetus, actually. Nothing has changed. We're still anxiously awaiting the arrival of our mystery baby. And, if I seemed antsy last week, you should see me now. I've got my bag packed and all ready for the trip to the maternity ward. I'm mentally prepared. I'm just wondering what the baby is waiting for. What? Its actual due date? I mean, come on, who is ever born on their actual due date? Cut me some slack here, kid. I want to meet you. And, we're already starting the 40th week. Seems like it's close enough to me.

But hey, at least I'm not uncomfortable anymore. I guess I've gotten used to the baby having dropped, and now that I've gotten my energy level back after having been nasty-sick (yes, Disentangled, I must have jinxed myself - remind me not to do that again. It wasn't fun.), I'm just excited. I'm ready to see this little person my husband and I have created together (if you need to know how that happened, let me just say that this may not be the most appropriate place for that discussion, and you may want to sit down for a long chat with your mommy and daddy). Then, there's the fact that Daddy plans to start harvesting his grapes at the end of this week. Did you hear that baby? This week. That means it'd be best to come out in the next day or so, otherwise you may miss him entirely for the next month. Do you see all the wonderful reasons to come on out and say hi?

But, then again, since when do kids actually listen to their parents?