Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Mason-Dixon Scarf


Mason-Dixon Scarf
Originally uploaded by The Stitchin Sheep.
I'm not in the mood to come up with some fancy-schmancy name for this post. It's just a little picture of a recently finished object I thought I'd share to actually be able to justify calling this a knitting blog. See, I do still knit. I've actually done a fair amount of knitting lately, but I haven't had time to post/take pictures. The other day, I decided to change that, so here is the first of two posts about some recently finished projects.

This one is a scarf for my midwife, who, if this dear child of mine ever decides to show its face around here, will no doubt earn far more than her measely pay. She was great for the birth of my last kid, but I never did get a chance to give her anything more than a bottle of wine (if we even did that - because I sort of don't remember. I was busy that day, afterall.).

It's the easy little scarf pattern (whose actual name I'm way too lazy to look up - but in my defense, I'd have to climb over a mountain of toys to get to the book) from the Mason-Dixon Knitting book. I used some mohair/nylon yarn I bought for cheap many moons ago, plus some ribbon yarn whose name also escapes me. I believe it's Lion brand something-or-other. I got it at Michael's a while back, if that helps at all. I'm pretty sure the colorway is called Fiesta. That's right, the only thing I seem to remember about it is the fact that it's all about the party. What can I say? I'm funny that way.

I just hope my midwife likes it. Everyone who saw me knitting it seemed to, so that's a good sign. It's not my style, but then, I'm not French (aka a big scarf wearer), and all those who liked it are. Since my midwife is French, I'm hoping she'll fall in love with it when I give it to her.