Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Sunday, August 27, 2006

What a Relief!

Someone finally owned up to it. And, it's a huge relief to know that the baby's refusal to come out when it's most convenient for its parents (the harvest starts tomorrow!!) is NOT (I repeat: NOT) my fault. Whew! That's a load off my mind. I was starting to think maybe this child was actually waiting around for a clean house, and, well, if that's the case, it's just being born into the wrong family. I did, however, mop the kitchen floor last night. I can't say that it's spotless (because the cheapo linoleum in here actually stains in high-traffic areas - impossible to remove), but that should count for something, right?

My plan is to continue on with the cleaning today, as well. Afterall, the freezer is full. What more could I cook (at least until I can convince my husband to plug in the larger deep freeze that we were given a while back - it currently serves as a table in his office till the new house is finished)? And, just in case my sister-in-law finishing the baby's sweater isn't really what its after, it's probably best to throw in some nesting for good measure.