Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

What's Your Favorite Casserole?

I have to admit right off the bat that I'm not a huge casserole fan. I didn't grow up on them. Mom never really made them much, for whatever reason. I guess I would have been pretty thankful of that at the time, since having tuna casserole at a friend's house once almost traumatized me, I thought it was so nasty. I have recently, however, found a need for them in my life.

The fact that we chose to bring a new person into the world at the exact same time of year that the kids start back to school AND my husband is harvesting his grapes seems a little insane. To deal with the insanity and try to actually keep the family together during that first month of the baby's life, I've decided to stock the freezer with casseroles and one-dish meals to last us a couple of weeks at least. I've scoured the internet and found some interesting possibilities from which I've compiled a list, but I thought I'd ask my readers what their favorites are. I've seen food on many of your blogs, and it always looks good, so I think I can trust your tastes. If you have a good one that always goes over well with the kiddos, especially, leave me a comment so I might be able to get the recipe via email. Know that in doing so, you are doing a very good deed. Not only will you be ensuring that the children continue to be fed throughout the month of September, but you are also contributing to the prevention of a divorce by relieving stress in advance.