Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

Just Because...


A Very Happy Boy
Originally uploaded by The Stitchin Sheep.
I think Lambchop #1 looked great in the picture on that last post. I know for sure her grandmother will greatly appreciate the chance to print it out. And, not to leave her disappointed to not see her other little devil-angel, I thought I'd share this one, as well. Doesn't he just look mischievous? In a cute way, of course.

This is one happy little boy, wouldn't you say? He's just starting to get the hang of this whole picture thing, and he's loving it. He's not nearly as shy as his sister in front of the camera. Loves it, as you can see. I get the feeling he's going to be a bit of a clown as he gets older.

And, we have a new member of our family that I must talk about. No, I haven't gone and given birth way too early. I've purchased a new baby. Remember the Dyson vacuum I talked about earlier? Well, according to the email they sent to confirm shipment, it shouldn't have come till the middle of next week. Luckily for me, they didn't ship it the way they said they would, and it arrived today. And, it's a beauty.

I never thought I'd call a vacuum cleaner a toy, but that's what it feels like. I read all kinds of things about this vacuum when searching for info on it online. Some people raved. Others weren't as excited. So far, though, I'm a happy girl. Of course, going from sweeping and getting allergic rhinitis to having the most high-tech vacuum on the market (okay, well, almost) will do that to a woman. Especially a housewife with a dusty home. I am in housewife heaven.

And, for those of you wondering if I've abandoned the cleaning/organizing efforts - not on your life! Remember, I'm nesting. Nothing is going to stop me. Certainly not a pesky little thing like not being able to breathe through my nose (that's improving, by the way - I can now breathe through it, even if it's still a bit runny and occasionally stuffy).

My main goal (aside from having an at least semi-clean house when my brother arrives TOMORROW!!!) is to clean the bedroom in the next few days so that vacuuming and dust control in there will be a smaller chore. There was way too much clutter, most of which has been removed.

In the end, I'd like to have enough room to fit a bassinette in one corner if we were to have to squeeze a new baby in there. I don't want to count on the new house being done and be caught with our pants down when the baby comes. That wouldn't be pretty for anyone.

Well, blogging/snack break is over, kids. Back to work. And, you can surely look forward to some photos with me and my new friend (the Dyson) soon. Long live Mr. Dyson. Inventor, extraordinaire.