Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

An Actual Finished Object

See. I still knit. Apparently what I don't do is take pictures and blog about it in a timely fashion. Better late than never, though.

So, this is Lambchop #1's new favorite piece of clothing. For that reason, I have to say it's my most successful knit thus far. It has become that part of her wardrobe that she refuses to remove unless threatened or coerced in some other way. It is now a bit stained - another sign of how much she loves it. I had trouble convincing her to take it off so that I could wash it for her. Eventually, we made a deal, and she removed it. Bad mother that I am, I still haven't washed it yet, though. It's only been half a day since I got it off her, though, so don't hate me.

The shot you see here is pre-wash/pre-block. She was so excited about it that she didn't give me the time to get that done. I'm not 100% satisfied with the arm seaming and the shoulders but that may improve in blocking, and since she doesn't care, I'm learning not to care.

For those who will ask, the info on this one is as follows:

Pattern: I did the math and made it up. Funnily enough, I realized later that it looks remarkably like a sweater on the cover of an issue of IK knits. I don't even remember liking that sweater when I originally saw it. Could it have been subliminal? Does IK do that read between the lines stuff - "you will knit this sweater... and you will like it... and you will resubscribe..."

The yarn: Knit Picks Merino Style
Colorway: Petal

My overall thoughts on this yarn are that it seems like a really nice deal for the price. I enjoyed knitting with it, and after a week of almost constant wear, it hasn't begun to pill very badly (I wish I could say the same for the cashmere/wool blend sweater I have yet to show you). I guess I'd give it two thumbs up, as they say.