Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Friday, March 17, 2006

Momentum

For the past few days, I've spent most of my waking hours cleaning, vacuuming and organizing the bedroom and livingroom. I must say the difference is obvious. I just don't know how long I can continue. I have this strange problem that when I'm doing such a large task, some time not too far from the end, I give up. I'm not sure why. Maybe it's some kind of boredom. Maybe it's exhaustion. Or, then again, maybe it's something as ridiculous as me thinking that's good enough. The problem with this is that if I quit, I'm not likely to get back to it and finish the job entirely.

I've got to push on, though, this time. It's got to get done for once. My brother is due to arrive this evening, and we've got a party at playgroup that we just can't miss. So, it has to get finished this morning or not at all. I just can't seem to get myself to work that extra 30 minutes I'm sure is needed to clear the floor of our bedroom. I think if I were able to do that, it'd spur me on for the rest, but somehow, I'm ready to quit now.

Please, somebody, give me some momentum. You'd think I'd have some already, considering the fact that I've been at this for the past couple of hours (well, chores in general, at least). As a compromise, we'll have a little snack to appease the baby and then get back to work.