Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Worn Out!

I have had enough of the partying. I just wasn't made for this kind of life. It's too much for me. It started Saturday, and, luckily, it's over as of this evening (at least for a little while). There were two parties (Saturday and Sunday) each over an hour's drive from here. Then, since we live near pretty much nowhere, the birthday parties yesterday and today were about 45 minutes from home, too. Add to that the fact that we were out late at yet another party last night, and I've had it. I'm so glad it's over, because I'm apparently getting too old for this. We need to stop making friends if this is what friendship brings with it.

Of course, we have had lots of fun this week, so I can't really complain too much. And, I'm happy to announce that all the homemade kids' gifts were well-received. French parents apparently have a good appreciation for handmade goodies, which is very nice to know. And, now, I can relax for at least another couple of weeks until the next party pops up. Silly little family that we are, with all my complaining about the parties, we're actually throwing one ourselves. That's worse, of course, because you can't just show up and expect to get a nice meal. But, then, at least we don't have to spend a couple hours in the car getting to the party. The party will just come to us. Anyway, if you're going to be in the area, stop on by (I can make these kinds of generous offers since most of my readers are at least a full ocean away).

Oh, and I even got in some good knitting-in-public time at today's birthday party. It was at a beach set-up for kids with some blown-up air trampoline-type toys. I just stood around under the canopy knitting away on my second sock pal sock while watching the kids play. Someone even joked about it. I proudly told her I aim to embarrass my friends in public as often as I can. And, as a result of my embarrassing habit, I've almost finished that second sock!