Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Gift Yarn


Gift Yarn
Originally uploaded by Sheepish.
At my kids' playgroup, there is a woman whose job it is to play with the kids and keep the fun times going. Well, her mother knits and crochets some really beautiful garments for her. And, of course, there will always be some leftovers, right? Well, I was the lucky recipient of some of those leftovers. This blue yarn in the picture is something she gave me yesterday just because she's so nice. It's Phil Bouclette by Phildar, which I've never worked with. It's got miniboucles. I've worked with regular boucle yarn before and didn't like it, but these don't look big enough to catch the needles.

There's about 300 yards worth here. Not sure what I can do with it, but I'm sure I'll think of something.