Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Friday, June 03, 2005

Kitty Cuteness and Bonne Maman


Feral Kitties
Originally uploaded by The Stitchin Sheep.
Here's a sweet little shot of the feral kitties that I don't remember taking, which only makes me assume that even though my husband insists on teasing me for my softheartedness (and constant oohing and ahhing over these sweeties), he's a bit smitten, himself. Good to know.

There are actually three of them, but only two seem to have come out for their photo-op.

I'm so happy I've begun feeding them and their mommy, who I have begun to call "Bonne Maman" (a reference to a French brand of jelly, but which also means "Good Mama"). It's caused a pleasant change in Bonne Maman's behavior. She wasn't spending much of the day with the kitties when I first saw them, because she was constantly out hunting for food to nourish them with (she still nurses them a bit). Since I've started feeding them, she spends more time lying around in the shade with all her babies curled up at her belly. It's a sweet thing to see, and I'm very pleased I was able to help her out so she could do this. Just call me "The Kitty Welfare System." I don't mind giving them handouts. It appears to have a good effect. She is getting less and less alarmed by my presence as well, which I'm taking as a very good sign of trust building up.