Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Silly American...


Silly American...
Originally uploaded by Sheepish.
Tennis shoes are for the "old country". Yep, nothing makes you stick out like a sore American in France more than a comfortably clunky pair of tennis shoes - especially when worn with Chino-style pants. Don't get me wrong, now. They'll wear tennis shoes here - just not practical ones. The girls, especially, go for those tennis shoe-style shoes that are more like leather dress shoes than anything you'd ever want to run in. I do have a pair, and I wear them most, but since the kids make sure that only half of most any pairs in the house is available at any given time, I went out in these. Gasp! That's right, I actually went out in these. And, I'll be wearing my shorts this summer, as well (most girls don't wear shorts here, either)! Just call me a rebel.