Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Secret Pal, Where Are You?

Well, Secret Pals 4 is winding to a close, and I've been really happy about the response my Pal has had to the goodies I sent her. They seemed to all really hit the spot. My trip to the US allowed me to send her a combination of French and American gifts, which was fun for her, since she's in Australia.

I, unfortunately, have had less luck. The Pal who was going to send me something seems to have dropped off the face of the earth. She had sent me an email just before I left for the US, telling me a package was ready. Investigations conducted by the very kind organizer of this exchange show that it seems to have gotten lost in the mail and was apparently returned to her. I double-checked with her to see if she had an incorrect address on it, but I have yet to receive a response. I have since figured out who my Secret Pal is, and I visit her blog from time to time, only to see that it has not been updated for at least two weeks now. So, I really am wondering if something has happened to her. I hope not. That wouldn't be good. She seems like an interesting person (not that uninteresting ones deserve some kind of mischief). Anyway, so that just means I'll have to treat myself to some kind of mailed-goodies. I need some new circular needles and perhaps some dpns in small sizes to knit some socks. So, we'll just have to see what the online shops in England have to offer, won't we?