Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Monday, January 10, 2005

Aztec Wave Sweater


Aztec Wave Sweater
Originally uploaded by The Stitchin Sheep.
That Fair Isle Gymnastics trick of knitting with both hands is fantastic once you get the hang of it. Now, I can even say that I know how to knit with my right hand, English style, which was not easy for me before.

I am absolutely loving this sweater.

A bit of info on it:
Cascade Yarns (Pastaza - 50% Llama/50% wool).
So, I've had this pattern to do a sweater on circs for a couple of years now. I misplaced it once, but recently found it, put it in a safe place - real safe, because I can't find it now. And, of course, it would have come in really handy for this sweater. But, attempting to be as fearless as possible, I dove into some measurements and calculations, and here we are half way into a top down seamless sweater. I'm still a bit dazed at the fact that my pattern is working out okay. And, I can't even begin to describe my excitement at the design I sketched out for my very first project of fair isle fun. It's not very complicated, I know, but I am more of a plain person, so sweaters with all kinds of designs, while probably fun to knit, seem busy to my eye. My little boy is going to look so sweet in this, though. Well, I hope, because the jury's still out as to whether it'll actually fit him when it's done. We can only hope - but if not, there's a newborn due in the family this spring...

...and that green may not even be his color. Tragic! Don't even want to think about it. I swear I'll make him wear it anyway. What does he care? He's just a one-year-old.

Oh, and about the "Aztec Wave" stuff, I don't know, it's really late, and it may sound a lot dumber to me tomorrow. The design just looked like a wave and sort of Aztecish - or Mayan, I'm no expert. Whatever it is, I like it.

And, one more little thing: I know I haven't gotten around to that review of the Denise Interchangeable needle set, but I've got two words for you - so cool. Notice the sleeves are hanging out all curved on the Denise stitch holders. That is just about the most convenient thing in the known universe, I do believe. And, the needles knit really well, two. Never stick on the joints (like some needles I know).