Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Monday, January 10, 2005

Froggy Went a Courtin'...

... and he did ride - with my sweater by his side! Yep, I'll be frogging that sweet little aztec wave sweater as soon as I get a chance this afternoon. It was looking too small to me, so as soon as my son was up this morning, I slipped it over his head. And, by the way, if you don't think a set of Denise Interchangeables is necessary yet, I can tell you they make it easy to put the whole thing on hold and actually keep it's shape so you can slip it on. How cool is that? All I had to do was connect two of the larger Denise cords together to make a big loop. Then, I slipped the sweater over his head (not too much further, though, because it's more the right size for a 3-month-old - slight exaggeration) without worrying about losing stitches at all. That little trick can give some great peace of mind or, as in my case, allow you to stop yourself before making a really huge mistake.

Some people hate frogging, and I guess, depending on the piece of work, I don't like it much either. In this case, however, I'm actually looking forward to redoing it. I was having so much fun with that fair isle design that I'm eager to do it again. It's just another chance to practice and get better at it. And, as for having to redo a decent chunk of the stockinette stitch, I don't really mind that either, because there are some interesting increases involved in this little sweater that I am happy to perfect a bit more.

So, let Mr. Frog do his thing. I'll be learning a couple of good lessons in the meantime.