Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Friday, January 07, 2005

Butterfly Poncho


Butterfly Poncho
Originally uploaded by Reder Family.
Here is a horrible picture of the outfit I wore last night. Probably only my mother will like it. I feel like it doesn't do the outfit justice, but it does make me look a bit like a butterfly, in my opinion, so that will be its name. It was really easy to make. Just a large rectangle sewn up one side (though, I did shape the neck, too). I think this would be an ideal poncho for larger sized women. I still haven't gotten rid of all the baby fat my last child left me with, and since I'm still breastfeeding, I'm bigger than I'm used to being. I felt like this poncho hugged all the right places without emphasizing any of the wrong ones. I don't know if you get that feel from the picture, though. I'll post a close-up as well, so you can see the poncho a bit better.