Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Choosing a Charity for Tsunami Relief Donations

I know many people have been thinking of donating (or even better, actually, donating) money to charities that will help care for those affected by the recent tsunami in Asia. I don't think I have to go into the horror these people must be living in its aftermath. I want to do something to help, but at the same time, I am a skeptical person when it comes to charities. I have seen too many nightly news reports about charity administrators lining their own pockets with the cash sent to them in the good faith that it will be used appropriately. So, I did a little search on the net. And, let me say, there are tons of charities to choose from. But, how do we know WHICH to choose. In my roaming, I found a site that may help with this important decision. It is Charity Navigator (http://www.charitynavigator.org), and they rate more charities than anyone would care to wade through. So, if you want to give, but don't know where to start. This may be the place.