Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Mine, All Mine!

Today, I am doing selfish knitting. I have been wanting a little bag for a long time. I'm not much of a purse (or call it handbag, if you like) person, but you have to have a place for some little things when you go out. I've done some felting in the past (slippers for the kids - I'll have to post those pictures in my FO Gallery some day), but never a bag. I recently finished that wool/recycled silk scarf, and as I said, there was leftover yarn. I want to see how that wool felts up. Cross your fingers, because I didn't do a sample. I've always done one for felting in the past to get an idea of how much it'll shrink. I didn't this time, because I don't want to lose any valuable yarn (I don't have tons) that could be used for the bag. So, I may be giving this bag to Barbie if it turns out that it felts REALLY well.

I'm knitting it on dpns (size: US 11, 8 mm). Started with 2 stitches on each needle (3 of them), increasing three stitches on each row (one in the middle of each needle). I stopped increasing when I got 18 stitches on each. Figured that looked about right. We'll see. Now I'll just knit and knit till the length looks good. Stayed tuned for updates...