Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Thursday, December 30, 2004

Wool yarn from La Droguerie for v-neck sweater

Here's the last of the evidence of my sins at La Droguerie. This yarn is all 100% wool, but in different yarn types. The solids are softer than the tweed, but I really liked the look of the tweed. My plan is to make a v-neck sweater with them. The top 2/3 to 3/4 of the sweater body will be done in the tweed, then, the bottom will be done in horizontal stripes. I did two swatches of stripes to see which I prefered the look of. I like the varied sized stripes much more than the swatch with stripes of all the same width. So, it will be done in the varied sized stripes. There will also be stripes on the sleeve cuffs and most likely around the collar as well, but I haven't came to a final decision on that one yet. I'm excited to see the finished product on this one since I really like the colors together. I'm hoping that tweed will get softer with washing, though.