Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Friday, December 24, 2004

The Joys of Having Kids

Not only are kids great for blaming things on - inappropriate noise or smells made by bodily functions in public, anything you've lost, the messy state of your house - there are other hidden joys of parenthood, too. Recent example: the Periwinkle Poncho. While I was knitting it, my daughter told me repeatedly how pretty it was, and said, "Mommy, you're good at that." It's enough to bring tears to any mother's eyes. Now that it's done, she refuses to wear it. She's a sweet little brat, isn't she? Alas, I suppose I'll have to pass it on to her cousin as a Christmas gift. Well, I thought it was cute. Such are the joys of having children.

Oh, and, of course, you get to play with their toys while they crawl around in the box.