Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Thursday, December 23, 2004

Getting There!

I'm so excited. I think this sweater may turn out to be the nicest piece work I've done so far. I finished the torso, and I did a preliminary stitch-up (just tied some off-color yarn in strategic places) to see how everything fits together. I'll have my husband try it on tomorrow to see the fit. I hope it fits him. If not, at least it fits me pretty nicely (I tried it on to see if it was at least even - always a great fear of mine). I could have just made myself a really nice v-neck sweater. At least I didn't make it to masculine. It could actually nicely replace an old, navy blue, cotton sweater I love.

Oh yippee! My hubbie just got out of bed (poor thing can't sleep with this flu he's got), and I took advantage of it to see the fit of the body. I'm happy to announce it fits him. It's tighter on him than it was on me, but we'll just say it hugs his manly muscles! He seemed as pleased as he could be considering how he feels today. He probably won't believe his eyes when he sees it's finally done. That sweater's been a long time coming. What did I say? I bought that yarn 2 years ago? Maybe even longer.

Well, as my mom would say, I'm just tickled pink. That'll be something to give me sweet dreams tonight. Then, back to work on the arms tomorrow morning. No time to spare. I've got three days and counting.