Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Sunday, December 19, 2004

We Come in Peace "Glitten"


"Glitten"
Originally uploaded by Reder Family.
Here is the first of the mittens I've been working on today. I spent a nice day of mostly only knitting, and this is the result. It's really warm, and I've called it a glitten because it's shaped like a mitten, but it's more form-fitting, like a glove. That makes it look a bit like some alien hand glove (hence the, "we come in peace"), but I like the practicality of it. It makes it easier to pick things up and use your hands without taking the thing off.

I think a fun thing to do with it would be to make some green and black ones and go all out on the alien motif. Maybe for later. For now, I'll have to get to work on doing the left hand.