Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Friday, December 24, 2004

Not Much Sleeping Going On

I certainly didn't sleep as much as I would have liked last night, but I did get a lot of knitting done. I've gotten the first sleeve of the hubbie sweater almost totally done. Yay! I never realized how boring great expanses of ribbing can get after hours and hours and hours and hours of doing it. I'm not a huge fan of the look of cable or intarsia, but I'm ready to give it a try just to break the monotony. Would it look funny to put a random cable here and there amidst the seas of ribbing on my husband's sweater? He'd think I had gone made half-way through. Well, I just need to hang in there and keep going on. It will soon be over. Then, I think I'll make that little cross-your-heart vest for my daughter. Doing all this ribbing has given me some bursts of creativity. I've got some lace ideas I want to try on that little vest. Can't wait! Stay tuned for some pictures of my husband in his new sweater after Christmas. Cross your fingers that it fits, please.