Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Friday, December 31, 2004

My New Blue Sweater

Success! At last... well, almost. I finally finished MY blue sweater, and aside from the fact that it was intended to be for my husband, it turned out really well. I will get pictures up on the blog when I get a chance to have my husband take some. It turned out to be the nicest looking thing I've knit so far. The problem with it being too small actually stems from my bad measuring job of my husband. Looking back on it, I didn't consider ease at all. Of course, I wasn't making a skin-tight club shirt, but that's essentially what I measured for. So, if you like the tight sweater look, I suppose it would look great on my husband. But, since neither of us are into that, it's my new sweater. And, I happily replace the first adult sweater I ever made with this new beauty. I've been itching to retire the other one for a while now. As I've mentioned before, it's made of yarns I don't like very well (inexperience can make you purchase yarns you'd never wear if you only knew better). It's also too big, because the yarns didn't hold their shape well, and I was pregnant when I finished it. It's light-weight and warm, so I can always wear it around the house. But, now I have a brand new, navy blue, alpaca, v-neck to proudly wear indoors or out.