Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Reversible Striped Scarf

Wow! It sure has been a while since I last blogged. I wish I had some really exciting reason to give (like that we've been flying around the world with all of our jetsetting friends, celebrating the New Year in style on our private jet), but I don't. The truth is we've had all kinds of trouble with stomach viruses or something this last month. Lambchop #2 still isn't doing well, and I don't know if it's something other than a virus or just a virus that lasts extra long. Either way, he's having trouble getting over whatever it is. We've been to the doctor, taken in a poop sample and everything. Now we just have to wait for results.

All of this, along with the holiday rush amounts to an exhausted mommy (because waking up in the night with a vomiting toddler can really zap your energy level for the next day). So, as a result of all this, I've not been near the computer that much. I have been reading all the nice comments I've received. I'll definitely have to get around to making a little tutorial for the whole pants-tracing experiment that turned out so well. It's not at the top of my list, though, so just know it's on the list at least. And, thanks from those who wished us better health around here. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that, too.

Other than all the mess I just talked about, our Christmas went pretty well. The kids were all very nicely spoiled by everyone. They enjoyed their gifts
and had a great time playing with their cousins. The person I gave a gift to (we draw names in this family) was my brother-in-law. I gave him a couple of things, one of which was this scarf. I actually did finish it on time, and I was very pleased with the results. It grew very nicely when blocked and ended up being very soft. Pretty much exactly what I'd hoped for.

Here it is being modeled by our dashing, if not slightly corny Muttonchop. You wouldn't believe how many shots it takes to get this man to stop acting like an idiot. You can still get a little glimpse of the goofy smirk, and he's sticking his gut out messing around. Goofball. Oh, how I love a man with a silly sense of humor (even if it makes for bad blog posts - I should actually post one of the dumb shots some day to teach him a lesson)!