Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

Branching Out Scarf


Branching Out
Originally uploaded by The Stitchin Sheep.
And, here we have the last post of the evening. I swear, I'll leave you alone after this one. I just had so many things to share today. Oh, which reminds me that I never got a chance to wish people a happy Thanksgiving. It's a bit late for that now, I realize, but I do have an excuse for not doing it.

See, I had come up with a brilliant goofy little post where I mentioned that my chicken was quite a turkey, because each evening I know it's dusk because she starts to repeatedly hurl herself at the kitchen window in an attempt to grasp the vine there to perch for the night. It was cute, I swear, but apparently not meant to be, because my computer jammed on me. I was using that post as to segue into Happy Thanksgiving wishes, but, like I said, it didn't happen. Not like you missed much, anyway. Your meals were most likely better than my silly jokes.

Anyway, on to other topics... like knitting. I finished and blocked the branching out scarf yesterday, and it sure is lovely. I was afraid that Anny Blatt Fine Kid yarn would be a bit scratchy, but it's nice, after all, even if it is a bit thicker than Rowan Kid Silk Haze.

And, for anyone not yet into lace, this is a great starter pattern. It's pretty simple, yet the end result is elegant. Like every time I've played with lace, I felt magic when I saw the finished product. Oh, and if any family members or friends like the feel of mohair and would love a lacey scarf for Christmas, place your order now. This was a great quickie pattern, and that just might be doable.

Now, while all of you munch on warmed-over turkey and stuffing, I'll get to preparing tonight's Chinese stir-fry (I sure miss my country, sometimes).