Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

The Whosawhatsit Sweater


Noro Sweater
Originally uploaded by The Stitchin Sheep.
Remember way back in August or early September, I claimed to have finished a sweater? It was the Noro sweater on the front cover of Noro Knits. I never can remember the name of it, so don't even ask (I'm way to lazy to go look it up). It may or may not be called Gloria. That's the best I can do.

Anyway, nobody ever saw any proof of that sweater actually being finished. You may even remember me blaming it on the fact that the camera man was harvesting his grapes at the time. And, of course, then you started wondering how long a harvest lasts. I could lie to you and tell you that it goes for several months, but... no, that's what I'll do: the harvest lasts for several months and just ended yesterday (scout's honor - even though I was a Campfire Girl), so we finally got a chance to get a shot of this comfy sweater. "Why is it all pilled and used looking?" you ask. Yeah, hmmm. I've got no answer for that. Just shut up and admire thing will ya?

The details:

Noro Kureyon yarn in what may or may not be color number 129 (again, the memory falters this long after the fact).
Anny Blatt (the solid color) Merinos yarn in whatever color happened to be on sale for dirt cheap when I was at the outlet store. I know, I'm not good with the specifics. So, sue me (actually, please, don't, because we've got no money). It's cute, though, ain't it?