Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

The Things I Do For You


Caramelo Hat
Originally uploaded by The Stitchin Sheep.
You may not have ever thought about the care that goes into a blog post on this here blog. Okay, well, maybe not much care goes into the actual post, but the pictures are a really big deal around here. And, this is especially true if you'll be seeing any part of my body in the picture. I'm very, very hard to satisfy, which is perhaps the reason it's so difficult to pin down the dear husband for a photo shoot. I did just that this evening, though. And, I gotta say, he's really cute, but does the man not notice he's giving me a double chin... in every shot?

So, after 10-15 minutes of agony for everyone involved, I scurried back to the house and snuck in one more head shot myself (okay, well, maybe two). Ready. Aim. Snap. That's when I hear "Psh" behind me. I've been caught. My vanity has been unveiled. I just can't put a horrible head shot of myself on the internet like that (yeah, let's not mention the one from last week with my tongue sticking out). And, here's the camera man rolling his eyes at me.

Do you really want to know how many shots I actually take before sifting through them to settle on the most acceptable one? That's the beauty of digital, but if you only knew, you might:

a) think I'm a really great blogger
b) think I'm a perfectionist
c) think realize I've got absolutely no life
d) tell me it's just not worth the trouble, because that hat is just not my color in the first place...

which brings us to talk about the hat a bit. It's a quickie project that makes me realize I need to make more hats for the family. So easy. I just started knitting and changed things when I felt like it and kept things the same when I wanted to do that. Then, suddently - Tada! It's a hat. Wonderful.

We won't be keeping this particular hat around here, though. Like I said, it's not my color. It'll be going at the charity sale tomorrow (we hope!). If it doesn't sell, I may just have to dye it.

On a happy note, though, it's color reminds me of caramel candies, and I've named it the Caramelo Hat. I don't know if you can see it in the picture, but the top is sort of poofy and gathered and I love this about it. It gives it a more feminine look than just a bowl on my head would. I may just have to redo this in another color. Better write out that pattern quick before I try to sell it tomorrow.