Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Photo Upload Attempt



I've had a recent complaint I'd like to address. See, it seems that one of my more faithful readers would like to download pictures from my blog on to her own computer. Actually sounds pretty creepy to me. I mean, it's like I'm being stalked from afar. Doesn't that freak you out a bit? Okay, well I guess it's not that bad since it's my mother. And, the complaint was that she wasn't able to do it. That would be Flickr's fault.

There are reasons I like using Flickr. For one, I can do that fun little FO gallery in the sidebar with relative ease. It's also pretty quick at uploading several pictures at a time. So, I was reluctant to try the photo upload feature offered by Blogger. In the interest of pleasing my mother (because you know all kids live to please their parents, right?), I've tried the Blogger photo uploader. I'm not sure how I like it. It's nice to be able to choose the orientation of the picture (left, right, center, etc.), but it's a bit slow, and I can't do the FO gallery thing. So as a comprise to please Mom, I've decided that any kid-related picks could be done using Blogger, so that she could at least download those. Does that seem fair enough? I think so.

Sooooooo, all that to say that you can most likely download this picture of Lambchop #2, Mom. Give it a try, and let me know how it works.
'
And, just to put our little cutie in perspective... this is his birthday party at playgroup. There were several kids with birthdays this month, so we joined forces and had a great party. I was in charge of cakes. This is the teddy bear chocolate cake that I made. I also made another less fancy one with coconut milk, which oddly came out smelling a bit like fish. Not sure how that happened, but we were all pretty happy it didn't taste like fish, too (unfortunately didn't taste much like coconut, either - next time, I'll throw some coconut shavings in, too).

Anyway, we all had a blast, and you can see how proud our boy is of his cake. Happy 2nd birthday, little man!

Oh, and despite what Chelee said in the comments about my picture, this little guy's beautiful smile comes from his handsome daddy. That man's smile could charm the pants off of you (and, believe me, because it's worked on me many a time - ooh, did I say that on the internet?).