Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Meme! Pick Me!

I've been passed this meme by Chelee. So, I thought long and hard (and still couldn't come up with something intelligent to say), and now I give you my answers. Just a few things you never really wanted to know about me...

Five things I plan to do before I die:
1. meet my children's children (this is really planning in advance)
2. visit some far away, exotic country like Japan or Peru
3. learn to spin yarn on a spinning wheel
4. live from a craft I enjoy
5. actually move into the new house we've been building for the past 2 years

Five things I can do:
1. bake my own sourdough bread
2. cut my own hair
3. draw a really schnazzy sentence diagram
4. run 100 meters in 10 seconds flat (not really, but I can probably change a diaper that fast if the kid holds really still)
5. laugh at myself (okay, well, only sometimes, but I'm really good at laughing at others)

Five things I cannot do:
1. wear a Wonderbra (seriously, you don't want to see this)
2. stand by and watch someone treat another person as inferior
3. dance without looking at least a little bit stupid (or feeling like I do)
4. go very long without saying anything
5. go to bed without sweeping the sheets to remove dust (I'm not very obsessive/compulsive most of the time, but I have very sensitive skin and can feel even the tiniest particles - sometimes I'm very surprised when I can feel one under my leg and when I find it with my hand it's miniscule.) Needless to say, my husband thinks I'm nuts.


Five things that attract me to the opposite sex:
1. height (I like 'em tall)
2. masculine hands (the fingers need to be square and strong, not fatty or tapered like a girls)
3. eyes (I tend to like green or blue but a nice shape can get me, too)
4. sense of humor
5. apparently, an accent, though I wouldn't have thought so



Five things I say most often:
1. Careful!
2. Calm down!
3. Not in your mouth!
4. You know?
5. Je ne suis pas française (means: I'm not French - mostly said in an apologetic manner when perfect strangers eye me bizarrely after something offensive I must have said.)

Five celebrity Crushes: This is really hard, since I don't really tend to have celebrity crushes - I'll make an effort to at least name some people I find sexy while I'm watching them act, though.
1. Dean Cain
2. Ron Eldard
3. Joaquim de Almeida (it's the accent thing)
4. Ewan MacGregor (again with the accent, and I mostly only find him hot when he's singing).
5. Christian Bale (but only when he's playing a role that doesn't have him looking plastic - really, he can look less than perfect, and he's better that way. And, he's way better with a British accent.).

I don't think I'll pass this on, because I don't want to be a burden (or show how few people actually read my blog). But, if you're in need of blog fodder, be my guest...