Life's Little Details: Knitting, Sewing, Green Living, Frugal Living and Cooking In A Little Corner of Southern French Countryside.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Durrow Cable Update


Durrow Cable
Originally uploaded by Sheepish.
Last but not least, we've got the lovely Durrow cable arm. So perty, and I'm loving this knit. I suspect that there's already a knitalong for it somewhere out there - that's how cool this thing is. No, maybe not. I just did a little google search and didn't come up with one. Whatever. Not important, since I'm really bad with those things.

This is the first chart and one repeat of the second chart, if I remember right. I almost typed that it was two repeats of that second chart, but there's just no way that arm could be so short if that were the case. Wishful thinking? Yeah, maybe. It's such a fun knit, though, that I'm not aching to get the arms over with (the plain ribbed body, perhaps, but not the arms).

Alright, now it's time to take advantage of the after-kids-are-in-bed free time. I usually knit while watching a movie or something good on tv. Tonight I decided to skip the film and do some yarn dyeing. I've really been in love with the color combo of brown and pink since I saw some socks in those colors. So, I'm off to attempt a reproduction. Wish me luck!